5.29.2012

Farmers Carry, KB Push Press, Lunge

I've been really stressed out lately with my Doctor. Coming from the type of lifestyle my husband and I live, we knew we wanted to do things as natural as possible with this baby. That means, no drugs during the birth (even labor inducing drugs), freedom to use different positions, breathing methods, massage, etc., and even find a pediatrician that's on the same page as us going chemical and drug free with our kid once he's born. This isn't as easy as you might think in Miami. You have to research A LOT.

With research comes knowledge of things that sometimes you wish you didn't know about people, doctors, medicine, etc. Most recently we were told that our Doctors office will no longer see us because of who we chose to have with us during our birth (a doula that is not of their choosing). What complete bullshit! It just goes solidifies my unease about birthing at a hospital with doctors. I want to feel that I have a choice and the Doctors aren't trying to manipulate things in their favor. I want to be at a practice that I trust.

If you become pregnant and live in the Miami area, DO NOT go to see Randy Fink or use his practice, Miami Center for Excellence in OBGYN!!!  They are horrible.  Message me, I can give you a good referral for people and Doctors you can trust in your natural birth journey. That's really what it has been for us, a journey that has taught us a lot about how to advocate for ourselves and our rights as a family. A lot of those "standard practices" out there are extremely harmful to you and your baby's body. While research has it's downfalls (disappointment and feelings of anger), knowledge truly is power. 

Warm up:
3x10 Ring Rows
5x5 Dips (on dip station)

Workout:
Buy in/ 200m Farmers Carry (26lb kettlebells)
Then 3 Rounds:
16 Push Press (using same kettlebells)
36 Lunges
Cash out / 200m Farmers Carry

Food: Chipotle burrito bowl (chicken ,black beans, guac, tomato, a bit of white rice and white cheese)

3 comments:

The BB's said...

Monik,

Great blog! I am encountering the same difficulties as you in find a SOFLA OBGYN that doesn't want to drug the crap out of me or my baby.

Can you provide me with a list of local people you recommend?

Thanks in Advance!

The BB's said...

Hey Monik,

Cool Blog! I too am having great difficulty finding a good SOFLA OBGYN that doesn't want to drug the crap out of me and my baby.

Can you provide me with a list of medical professionals you've been working with?

Thanks in Advance!

.monik. said...

Hi! If you want to email me, monik@crossfitsoulmiami.com I will send you some names. I couldn't see your profile to get your email address but depending on where you live, I should be able to point you in the right direction!

Thanks for reading!!