5.14.2012

10AM with hubs

Today I woke up early and headed to the gym with Danny to workout with the 10AM class. I like working out with the classes, it keeps me from moving EXTRA slow!  It was a good workout, Danny was trying to show me some low bar back squat stuff to do that might feel better on my loose hips, but it actually felt weird. It's really all about feeling it out. If you are used to strength training and you know your limits it's cool to just see what feels good and what doesn't without having to worry about getting hurt. Listen to your body! Anyway...

Weightlifting: Back Squat  5x3  (105lbs)

Metcon - 12 Min AMRAP:
Thruster Ladder  (25lb Dumbbells)  1, 2, 3, etc..
8 Burpees
24 Double Unders
*Thruster reps are the only thing that increases each round

Score: 5 complete rounds. This was fun but really gassed me! Those doubles....

Food: Almond berry cream smoothie for breakfast, Chicken Salad for lunch, Grassfed steak and spinach for dinner.

No comments: