6.15.2012

Blah...

Took a couple days off... It's been getting physically taxing on me to train and coach lately. From what I've read, toward the end of pregnancy you start having "practice contractions" to get your body ready. Well, lately when I coach for 3 hours straight, do a really hard workout, or even just do something like carry a bunch of gym bags from my car to the front door, I can feel my stomach tightening. Maybe it's nothing, but the thought of me triggering something too early is enough for me to stop and sit down when that happens! Combined with the crazy almost 100 degree heat...

Anyway, today I coached then worked out with the class. Here's what we did:

Weightlifting:
Deadlift 5/3/1 cycle1, wk2
(I did 5x3 Romanian @ 115lbs)

Conditioning – 3 Rounds For Time:
3 Full Snatches (155/100) - I did 35lb kettlebell snatches, 3 on each arm.
3 Rounds of Cindy

I stopped after 2 full rounds at 11:54 because my stomach got tight and I had a crazy urge to pee! Like I said, I would really regret triggering early labor or something just because I wanted to finish the workout. The most important thing I've learned during this pregnancy is to really pay attention to my body and get out of my head. My head says "this is so easy, you're scaling like crazy!" but my body gets worked up real quickly. Overall I feel good about what I did today and even more, that I am still working out at 8 months pregnant!  :)

Food: Frozen apple juice and tonight we are going to a Peruvian Japanese place called Kopas that is amazing!!!

No comments: