7.20.2012

Painless Childbirth

Just read this cool article and thought I would share since I know there are some preggos that read this  :)

So one of the biggest things in preparing me for my natural, unmedicated birth has been reading, reading, reading. Positive birth stories, watching positive birth videos, and just educating the crap out of myself about the stages of labor and what exactly will be happening inside my body so the sensations don't scare me, but instead, make sense to me so I can work with them. This article talks about how to have a painless birth, and also some of the things that contribute to that... like exercise!

 my 36 week belly

"According to Dr. Clapp author of Exercising Through Your Pregnancy, women who exercised during their pregnancy had a 35 percent decrease in the need of pain medication and a 75 percent decrease in maternal exhaustion.  Exercising not only increases your mind body relationship, it creates natural pain relief, called endorphins, and it is a scientific fact the more you exercise the more endorphins you release, and it becomes easier for your body to release these natural pain-killers, which by the way are 200 times stronger than any synthetic pain reliever.  These endorphins are released in labor, so would you want more endorphins or less?"

Read more here, this blog is really cool!
They totally promote their products but there's a lot of good info there....

Also, another blog that has just been awesome during these last 9 months has been Birth Without Fear. So many positive, empowering stories on here!!

No comments: