1.25.2012

Baby Blog - Day 1

So... I've had this blog for a really long time and I decided to start over and start using it as my workout/baby blog. Since I use my other wordpress blog for CrossFit related stuff, I figured this would be good to use as my personal one. Plus, it will keep me accountable while I go through these 9 or 10 months trying to maintain my workout routine. I also plan to be totally honest about my weird cravings and struggles to eat clean on here. If I slip, you all will hear about it!

Ok so today I am 11 weeks 3 days pregnant:


Here was my workout:

15 Min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
9 Deadlifts (115lbs)
11 Kettlebell Swings (35lbs)
13 Double Unders

Finished 7 rounds plus 1 deadlift. Took a lot of breathers between rounds... people around me have to remind me when I'm in the middle of it to breathe, slow down, and just do the work.

In case anyone was wondering, I have met with two different Dr's now. The first I didn't like, but he was supportive of me doing CrossFit and said that as long as it's something I've been doing (which it is for years now), there's no reason why I should stop. I am now seeing a midwife who said the same thing and added "don't increase weight and don't workout to the point of breathlessness. Other than that, continue to do what you've been doing". Most docs nowdays promote exercise while pregnant, so you DON'T have to stop. As long as you feel good while doing it, go ahead! (Please ask your own doctor to see what they say, though).

Today's weird food cravings: Chai Latte and either French Toast or Waffles (really?!) I substituted and went to whole foods for an almond milk chai, and got some gluten free cinnamon cookies to snack on later. Still haven't touched them!

No comments: